Sunday, September 21, 2008

Michigan Double Cross

Sat.  Sunny 84 deg.  
Let's see.  Silver medalist at worlds, Swiss national champion, Canadian national Champion, some Frenchy, another Swiss guy, Steve Tilford, and a couple other really fast UCI guys.  Page took off like a guy shot out of a cannon.  I think he was 30 sec faster per lap than I was.  Not normal.  I got a decent start and had to stop on lap two or three to fix my shifter as it slid down the drops after hitting a huge bump and tightened the brakes against the rims.  I was able to bridge back up to battle for third with 6 other guys.  Then the Canadian and a couple Euros took off and gapped us on the second to last lap.  I battled unitl the last 1/2 lap but don't have that kind of high end yet.  Rolled in for 9th.  Best placing for me in a UCI race.  Got some UCI points and $$.

Sun.  Partly Sunny 66 deg
Got a call up second row.  Decent start but lagged a bit and was about 15th.  Crashed hard on the end of the first lap and knocked the wind out of me,  plus landed on my barely healed road rash, and ripped that wide open...leg, hip, elbow.  I couldn't get up and literally rolled off the coarse.  Took a couple minutes for me even to move.  Needless to say, visit to the med tent.  Tail between my legs and went home.

That's all I have to say 'bout that....

No comments: